I hope you all had a great weekend!
It is hard to believe that we have 7th grade registration this Friday and 8th grade registration on Monday, August 10th.
You should have received a previous email with the registration times by the first letter of each student's last name on Friday informing you what time to attend registration. Please note that registration this year will be a "Drive-Through" registration and students nor parents will have to get out of the car as we are practicing social distancing to keep our students, families, and staff as safe as possible.
Please read the following very carefully:
- Uniforms...we usually have our uniform vendor American-Casual on campus to sell uniforms in person during registration, however this year, we are asking that you make your purchases online and American-Casual will deliver them to Santiago (at no additional charge) and we will hand you your preselected and prepaid uniforms in a bag when you come through registration on Friday or Monday. We fully expect to be back on campus before too long and we will require uniforms be worn by all students at that time. Although we do not require students to wear uniforms while learning online, we strongly suggest that you purchase your school uniform now. This will prevent you from having to rush to make purchases once our school reopens. Here is the direct link to the Santiago page for American-Casual apparel: https://uniforms.american-casual.com/ProductList.aspx?school=Santiago+Charter+School+Uniform+Store&cat=0
- Please remember to complete your data confirmation (all students including returning students must complete this) that we sent to all families on Friday August 1st as we need that information completed when you arrive for registration to avoid a long wait. If for some reason you did not get the email, here it is again. You only need to fill it out once, so if you already filled out the data confirmation from the previous email, you do not need to click the links below. If you need your student's ID, please email Mrs. Robles at: firstname.lastname@example.org and she can provide it (she can help you in both English and Spanish).
DATA CONFIRMATION - In order for your student to start at Santiago and have classes at Registration, we need Data Confirmation completed for every student. Data Confirmation can be completed in the student's Parent Portal (accessed from www.orangeusd.org). Below is a document detailing HOW TO complete the Data Confirmation process. NOTE: If you cannot remember your Parent Portal Password, just click "Forgot My Password" and it will resend to you. Also, you do not have to print anything out - we will have everything printed for you to sign at Registration.
- Data Confirmation How To (English): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QSFstBROtKC109H-62puSsPvF1Z27fiX/view?usp=sharing
- Data Confirmation How To (Spanish): https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tC4xycACqjOH3LNoUEASZubDZYc73H4/view?usp=sharing
- It is important that you come through registration at your designated time. If you cannot make that time for any reason, please contact us right away so we can assign you a new time to come and register. The contact person is Mrs. Robles at: email@example.com
- One other reminder, the elective survey is due tomorrow (Tuesday), so if you have not yet done so, please select your electives. Unfortunately, due to our having to start the school year online, we had to limit our electives to the ones that are offered on the link at this time. As many of you know, electives are an important part of what we offer at Santiago, but because of being forced to start online, we cannot offer the full gamut of electives at this time.
Thank you Santanas, we look forward to seeing you on Friday (7th graders) and Monday (8th graders).
Jim D'Agostino Ed.D
Summer Office Hours
8 am to 3:30 pm
Santiago Esports Team
Santiago Charter Middle School is now piloting the Esports Pathway Program. Having partnered with NASEF (North American Scholastic Esports Federation) each Team member will strive to master the four domains of Esports and become an Organizer, Strategist, Entrepreneur, and Content Creator. Santiago’s Esports Instructors uphold the goal of promoting a safe space to competitively play video games as well as allow the students to discover their gifts among the various important roles that exist in the Esports industry.
Team Mission Statement:
Our mission is to provide team building between students that have a common passion for video games. To provide a safe place for students to learn and fail. And to increase their understanding of Esports and the future career paths in this field.
Game. Grow. Learn. Lead.
Advisor: Mr. Van Smaalen
Santanas Supported By: