Santiago Uniform Information
Santiago uniforms may be purchased online from the approved vendor American Casual.
If you are unable to purchase a uniform, Santiago administration will meet with you in confidence to provide uniform assistance.
Only uniform clothing may be worn. Uniform options include the following:
- Polo Shirts
- Pants, Capris, Shorts-Shorts cannot be altered (rolled up or hemmed). If a child has shorts that are altered, a staff member of the same gender (admin or counselor) will address that issue with the student. Pants that are too tight or loose will be addressed in the same manner
- Long sleeved, Santiago uniform navy shirt may be worn under polo shirts
- A polo shirt must be worn under sweatshirts and jackets
- Earned STRIVE shirts may be worn on designated days only
All clothing must be:
- Appropriately sized
- Neat, clean, and free of tears
- Closed toe and heel shoes (boots are not acceptable)
- Socks must be school appropriate. School administration will address inappropriate issues with individual students on an as needed bais.
Free Dress Days
- All shirts MUST have sleeves and have an appropriate neckline. Additionally, crop tops are not acceptable.
- No jeans with holes.
- Shorts must be appropriate in length and may NOT be shorter than unrolled uniform shorts.
- No boots, sandals or shoes with heels.
- All shirts MUST have sleeves.
- No shirts with offensive logos.
- Appropriate shoes must be worn.
- No jeans with holes.
- May not sag: shorts or pants.
Students may not wear any clothing item that has anything to do with alcohol, drugs, or weapons.The administration will determine what is and is not appropriate,on an as needed basis.
Physical Education clothes are to be purchased from the approved vendor and are to be worn ONLY during Physical Education class.
P.E. clothes may not be worn under the school uniform.
Hair may not hang in the eyes. Brightly colored hair that is very unnatural and considered a distraction is not allowed. Any accessories or body art shall not distract from the leaning environment. Piercings are limited to ears. Makeup and jewelry must be appropriate and not a distraction.
It is impossible to anticipate every new style, trend, or haircut.The items not addressed above will be dealt with on an individual basis by the administration. Pride in one's appearance is important in fostering a positive attitude toward school and others. Parent and student support for the dress code policy is critical in the promotion of safety, respect, and responsibility on the Santiago campus.