Middle School After School Sports
Middle school after school sports are one of the many highlights of being a Santiago Santana. With sports open to all and occurring every season throughout the year, middle school sports introduce friendly competition, when competing with all neighboring middle schools, and provide students the coaching and skills to prepare them for high school sports.
Some important details of the upcoming seasons below:
- Team formation for co-ed flag football and girls volleyball will be October 29th to December 2th. Only the first 40 students per sport to turn in their paperwork will be on the team. Students with Ds Fs Ns or Us on the trimester 1 report card will not be allowed to participate.
- Practices will begin the week of November 5th and continue through the week of November 16th; there are no practices during winter break. Specific days has not been established with the coaches yet. Practices are 3PM til 4PM as usual.
Calendar the Games for Football and Volleyball, all Games are on Mondays @ 3PM
- November 26 versus McPherson (Volleyball Away, Football Home)
- December 3rd versus Yorba (Volleyball away, Football Home)
- December 10th versus El Rancho (Football away, Volleyball Home)
- January 7th versus Cerro Villa (Football Away, Volleyball Home)
- January 14th versus Portola (Football Away, Volleyball Home)
Santiago Cheer and Pep Squad
Santiago is one of the only middle schools around to have a cheer and pep squad. The students on each team, cheer and perform at games and assemblies. See Ms. Grishaber with questions regarding the cheer and pep squad information and schedule.