Middle School After School Sports
Middle school after school sports are one of the many highlights of being a Santiago Santana. With sports open to all and occurring every season throughout the year, middle school sports introduce friendly competition, when competing with all neighboring middle schools, and provide students the coaching and skills to prepare them for high school sports.
Some important details of the upcoming seasons below:
- Team formation for boys and girls basketball will be February 4th to February 14th. Only the first 40 students per sport to turn in their paperwork will be on the team. Students with Ds, Fs, Ns, or Us on the trimester one report card will not be allowed to participate.
- Practices will begin the week of February 19th and continue through the week of February 22nd. Practices are 3 pm to 4 pm.
Calendar the Games for Football and Volleyball, all Games are on Mondays @ 3PM
- February 25 Santiago versus McPherson (Boys Home, Girls Away)
- March 4 Santiago versus Yorba (Boys Home, Girls Away)
- March 11 Santiago versus El Rancho (Girls Home, Boys Away)
- March 18 Santiago versus Cerro Villa (Girls Home, Boys Away)
- March 25 Santiago versus Portola (Girls Home, Boys Away)
All Santanas and parents are invited to attend our games.
In Santiago Cheer students learn all the fundamentals of cheerleading: cheers, motions, dance, jumps, kicks, voice projection, and the basic stunts. Girls/boys showcase their skills at games, assemblies, and other events in Orange. Students meet Mondays, Wednesday and Thursday in the cafeteria after school. See Ms. Grishaber with questions regarding the cheer information and schedule.
Cheer Team Schedule - PDF of home and away games cheerleaders will attend
Read Across America
We were given a special treat while at Jordan Elementary School. California State Superintendent Tony Thurmond paid a visit to the campus! What an exciting, wonderful day we had celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday!