Middle School After School Sports
Middle school after school sports are one of the many highlights of being a Santiago Santana. With sports open to all and occurring every season throughout the year, middle school sports introduce friendly competition, when competing with all neighboring middle schools, and provide students the coaching and skills to prepare them for high school sports.
Some important details of the upcoming seasons below:
- Team information for basketball will be Monday, January 27 in the Lecture Hall during lunch. Only the first 40 students per sport to turn in their paperwork will be on the team. Students with Ds, Fs, Ns, or Us on the trimester one report card will not be allowed to participate.
- Packets due in to Mr. Khaled's room 106 on Friday, January 31, 2020 by the end of the school day.
- First practices: Week of February 10-14. Practices are 3 pm to 3:50 pm.
- Boys' basketball practices: Tuesday and Wednesday 3pm-3:50pm. Coaches: Mr. Gavin (Varsity) and Mr. Robert (Junior Varsity)
- Girls' basketball practices: Tuesday and Thursday 3pm-3:50pm Coaches: Mrs. Ammon (Varsity) and Mrs. L (Junior Varsity)
Calendar Games for Boys' and Girls' Basketball: All Games are on Mondays @ 3PM (with the exception of Thursday, March 5 and Tuesday, March 10)
- Monday, February 24: Santiago versus Yorba (Boys Away, Girls Home)
- Monday, March 2: Santiago versus El Rancho (Boys Home, Girls Away)
- Thursday, March 5: Santiago versus Heritage Charter (Boys Home, Girls Home)
- Monday, March 9: Santiago versus Cerro Villa (Boys Home, Girls Away)
- Tuesday, March 10, game begins at 3:30 : Santiago versus Heritage Charter (Boys Away, Girls Away)
- Monday, March 16: Santiago versus Portola (Boys Home, Girls Away)
- Monday, March 23: Santiago versus McPherson (Boys Away, Girls Home)
Athletic Director: Mr. Khaled email@example.com
All Santanas and parents are invited to attend our games.
In Santiago Cheer students learn all the fundamentals of cheerleading: cheers, motions, dance, jumps, kicks, voice projection, and the basic stunts. Girls/boys showcase their skills at games, assemblies, and other events in Orange. Students meet Mondays, Wednesday and Thursday in the cafeteria after school. See Ms. Grishaber with questions regarding the cheer information and schedule.
Cheer Team Schedule (to be announced) - PDF of home and away games cheerleaders will attend
Read Across America
We were given a special treat while at Jordan Elementary School. California State Superintendent Tony Thurmond paid a visit to the campus! What an exciting, wonderful day we had celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday!