Santiago Charter Middle School is committed to providing a free, appropriate public education for all students in the least restrictive environment. Placement and services for students with disabilities are assigned in accordance with a student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP), which is based on the student’s unique needs.
1. Assist students to choose opportunities for success and development of self-advocacy.
2. Commit to continued enrichment of skills and knowledge by special education personnel.
3. Adapt as needed to serve an expanding and identified special education population.
4. Expand inclusionary opportunities as appropriate.
1. Provide support services per IEP for students with identified disabilities, enabling them opportunities for success in middle school.
2. Satisfy legal mandates set by state and federal law (IDEA) regarding identified students with disabilities.
As an independent charter school, we are part of the El Dorado Charter SELPA.
El Dorado County Charter SELPA has a great website with many parent resources. Their website is http://charterselpa.org/parent-resources/