Welcome Santanas! I am Miss Patel and I am the Counselor at Santiago Charter Middle School. This is my 9th year at Santiago and I am very excited to support you on your journey through middle school. At Santiago, I support students in the areas of Academics, Personal/Social Issues and Career Exploration.
A little about me: I graduated from Cal State Fullerton with a Bachelor's Degree in Sociology and from Azusa Pacific University with a Masters Degree in Educational Counseling and a PPS Credential in School Counseling. Additionally, I have a certificate and license in Professional Clinical Counseling and an Administrative Credential. In my free time, I enjoy traveling and spending time with friends and family.
Counseling Supports and Activities
- Scheduling and Class Selection
- Academic Intervention/Supports
- Grade Checks
- Credit Recovery and Promotion Checks
- Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Intervention
- Short Term Counseling and Mental Health Support
- Career Exploration Lessons
- Post Secondary Options
- College Day (7th grade)
- High School Planning (8th grade)
COUNSELING/ MENTAL HEALTH
These agencies by have been successful for many Santiago families in the past. Please check with your student's insurance company first, for referrals.
- Mariposa Center - MediCal and sliding scale
- Friendly Center- Free Services
- Turning Point Center for Families- MediCal and sliding scale options
Tips from a Middle School Principal
Helping Middle School Girls
Top 10 Skills for Middle Schoolers